Since our founding in 2000, Hilco Capital has developed a diverse portfolio of longer term investments. Here are our current major investments, as well as case studies that detail the impact we’ve had on the businesses since acquisition.
- Established in 1921, HMV is one of the world’s most well known retail brands.
- Hilco Capital acquired HMV Canada from its UK parent, HMV Group, in June 2011.
- Following the administration of HMV Group, Hilco Capital acquired HMV’s UK business from its administrators in April 2013.
- HMV UK trades from more than 120 stores.
View Our HMV UK Case Study
- Established in 1809, Denby is one of Britain’s best known ceramics brands and continues to produce its traditional, quality stoneware product from its manufacturing base in Derbyshire for export around the world.
- The business was acquired by Hilco Capital in February 2009.
- Subsequent acquisitions in the sector, including Burleigh and Poole Pottery, have been added to Denby to create a major homeware conglomerate.
View Our Denby Case Study
View Our Burleigh Case Study
- Founded in 1958, Kraus Group is one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of flooring products in North America and Australasia.
- The business, headquartered in Ontario, Canada, was acquired in June 2012 by Re:Capital Canada, Hilco Capital’s Canadian arm.
View Our Kraus Case Study
View Our Kraus Manufacturing Turnaround Case Study
- Clipper Marine is the UK’s fastest growing boat dealership. It was formed in 2008 by a former middle management team of the collapsed Peters Opal plc, with backing and expertise from Hilco Capital.
- The business now represents five boat brands and provides a complete service from valeting to brokerage.
View Our Clipper Marine Case Study
- Hilco Capital Ireland acquired Xtra-vision from the company’s receivers in June 2013.
- The business has a network of DVD vending machines across Ireland and several transactional websites.
- Founded in 1980, Tilley Endurables designs and manufactures travel clothing from its base in Toronto, including the world famous Tilley hat.
- The business was acquired in April 2015 by Hilco Capital's Canadian arm, Re:Capital Canada.
View Our Tilley Case Study
- The largest UK retail jeweller operating in the outlet sector, Chapelle Jewellery trades in virtually all of the UK's prime, designer retail outlet villages and online.
- Hilco Capital acquired the business in June 2015.